Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fall Happenings - Halloween

Hey y'all...it's fall!  Well, maybe it's closer to winter at this point, but this entry is going to be full of fall celebrations.  To say that our fall is busy is a MASSIVE understatement! You may ask, what all do you have going on?  It can't be that much.  The mayhem usually starts with my birthday on Oct. 6 then my dad's birthday followed by Halloween.  Then we move into November which we have the hubs birthday on the same day as his brother (yep...it's a twin thing) and my bro-in-law is that day too.  Then we have the boys birthday followed very closely by Thanksgiving.  OK, so now we can take a breath for about a week and then we have Mama Rach's birthday, my sister's birthday,  all the fun festivities that make up the holiday's and finally Christmas.  This year I threw in 2 baby showers at church that I did/helped with so that makes a crash course of pure craziness.  I say that it's crazy, but I wouldn't have my life any other way.  I truly love everything I do and certainly try to do it all to the best of my ability.  I will stop talking (in my head) and get on with the events. 

This is a HUGE step for me :)  We are making messy treats for the boys class.  Mummy treats

Working with the plaster


All wrapped...now to add the candy.  Can you see the mess?  Like I said.....a big step

Finished product.  Fun project & cure gifts for their classmates

Proud of their work and that mommy let them get dirty

Storybook character dress up day

Cute little Peter Pan

Ready for games in their classroom

Playing games with Mrs. Graham

Another messy project....this time daddy was in charge :)


Finished product

Heading to Fall Festival at church

Don't mind the large shadow there......you can look at it like Peter Pan was casting a shadow on himself.  Or maybe it was just me trying to get a picture without the squint, I will never tell


Capt. Hook & Peter Pan

Capt Hook & crazy LSU fan

My friend Elena...I mean Red Robin Hood



Finally made it to Halloween night with costumes in tact.  That's a miracle I tell ya!

Their pumpkins they created

We are at the stage that silly face is required for every smiley face we get.....

Actually trick or treating..fun stuff!

The loot...pretty insane amount of candy. I was the most awesome mommy for letting them eat candy for breakfast a few days.  Thanks to my friend Tammy for teaching me that tad bit of parenting :) We did end up donating most of the candy to daddy's work.  They were appreciative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment