Thursday, September 8, 2011

FOOTBALL!!



Can I just say….I LOVE FOOTBALL!   No really, I love the game!  I loved it as a kid when my dad would take me to see a game.  Going to Death Valley on Saturday night is awesome…especially as an 8 year old kid!  The more I started to understand the game the more I loved it. Maybe that’s why I stayed in band as long as I did?  You can ask anyone that used to sit around me in band how much I would yell at football games.  Almost every.single.game I left hoarse. Poor Jeff Fink, he was my buddy & fellow clarinet player that had to listen to all of my non-sense…all the way through college J   I just loved cheering for the team I was supporting, whether it was Ruston High, ULM or Louisiana Tech.  Now, my whole family LOVES LSU; I do too.  It’s who we are, so we have always pulled for the Tigers every Saturday night they play.  Then came Sunday, what were we doing?  Flying in from church trying to hurry up & eat our lunch so we could watch the Saints.  We were fans back when they were the Aints.  They would be winning a game up until the 4th quarter then literally give it away, but we were there cheering them on even through the disappointment.  So, you see…I love football.  Can I just say that I am thanking the dear Lord that it is that time again.  Time to watch football!!
Putting up the flag

Representing in Colorado

Since we can't tailgate or hang with our family on gameday's we always make fun game food.  So...we had chicken & sausage gumbo, cheese dip & pigs 'n blanket. YUMMY

No comments:

Post a Comment