Tuesday, July 12, 2011

One of those days

Let me start by saying that I love being a mom.  I feel like I am fulfilling my earthly duty by doing the job I do.  I have known since I was about 17 that I wanted to stay home with my children.  I knew that I wanted to be the one that was there in the beginning.  I do know what a blessing from God they are.  I know that even though it was an excruciating 6 years waiting to finally have them it was worth.every.minute.  With that being said…..
Today was rough.  Today is one of those days that I question my ability to be a good parent.  I question if it is the right thing for me to be home with them.  Should I work outside the home so they & I have a “break” from each other?  It has just been a constant struggle with saying things you shouldn’t say (insert..poo poo), fighting with each other CONSTANLY, to not following directions which includes fighting with me/arguing with me (i.e. I want 2 not 1).  So my patience is gone…no longer existent.  I get concerned that they will remember the days that I yell more than the days we don’t.  I want them to feel and know that home is the safe place.
So there it is, my confession as a mom.  I’m not perfect and am struggling today.



4 comments:

  1. One day you'll actually look back and miss even days like this one. Keep your smile on; I know you are a perfect mom! Linda G

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a Good Mom. Hang in there, this too shall pass. They will remember the love. They will learn the importance of discipline. Miss you Guys. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do any of those questions sound like they are coming from the God who loves you? No! So don't let Satan talk to you in those accusing tones. You are a great mom and remember it is His Spirit that enables you to pour into your children. Everyone has the kind of day you described. Your boys will only remember that you loved them, you loved their dad and you loved your God. I have no doubt He will continue to enable you to do what He has called you to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley Dawn, you are an incredible mom! Your children will NOT remember this as a bad thing. My motto is that they will be adults for WAY longer than they are children.... My point? They will understand your frustration and respect it the older they get. Really, they will. I am now having conversations with Madison like this....me:Madison, is what you are doing okay? her: no ma'am. me: would I be doing my job if I let you get away with being mean to your brother? her: no ma'am. ..... and that is all I have to say. This too will pass. Don't ever forget that YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Don't forget where your fears come from either. Love you.

    ReplyDelete