Friday, December 9, 2011

Let's go fishing!

When everyone arrived at the party it was lunchtime, so I had all the food ready to go.  We all sat down to eat and then when everyone was finished eating we started with the fun stuff!







Once I knew the boys were going to love the fishing party, I had so many ideas of what to do at the party.  I ended up only doing a couple.  I would have loved to do all of them, but let's face it they are only 4.  David wanted me to keep it to 2 activities.  Without question I wanted them to actually fish.  I mean, not really fish in the water but at least play fish.  I made fun fishing poles out of wooden dowels, twine and magnets.  For the fish I used scrapbook paper cut into fish shapes, laminated then and put a magnet in the middle. In my previous post here I mentioned it was going to be too windy to play outside. I moved all my furniture out and the boat came in.  We placed all the fish around & to make it look a little more real we added rocks. All the kids really enjoyed fishing!  We did a 2 team relay.  Both teams caught the same number of fish, so that worked out perfect :)



Sometimes you have to get out of the boat to get the fish







All the kiddos with their fish


After the fishing game, we did a quick clean up and moved on to the next game.  Now, I remember playing the "pop the balloon" game at several of my parties and at Erin's parties.  I wasn't necessarily fond of it, but the boys are at the stage where they LOVE to pop balloons.  After encouragement from David, I decided that would be the other game we would play.  Every time a balloon popped, I screamed.  Every.single.time.  Not my favorite game (the kiddos loved it though!). 




I feel the same way, Easton!

Camden didn't weight enough to pop the balloons.  He kept trying though!



After games it was time for cake & presents!









The boys loved everything they received!  Thanks to everyone!!





Silly....again


Happy, Happy 4th birthday boys!! You bring me more joy than I know how to express.  I thank God that He trusted me with you! 

6 comments:

  1. What a fun party!! Very creative! Do you make all their cute shirts? Glad you enjoy being a mom, because you are a GREAT one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend from home that makes all their fun shirts. She is great!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great party. I love Jackson and Jonothan's shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SOOO cute & what a fun idea :) I found this through pinterest & I'm so glad I did. I have 3 little boys & am always looking for fun activities to do with them or at their bday parties. Your boys are precious! You are so blessed! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love doing parties for my boys! Actually I just love doing parties. Thanks for the sweet words!

      Delete