Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful

I mentioned that we are trying to instill thankfulness in our boys.  I was told by someone that they believe that being thankful is the best quality that you can teach your child.  Because if they are thankful all other things will fall in place.  If you think about it, that pretty much hits the nail on the head.  I started out this month doing my thankful's on Facebook.  Well, I quickly got behind and felt it was too much to try to catch up.  However, we did them with the boys each night at supper.  It was always so much fun to hear what they were thankful for and why it was also a great reminder for David and I to vocalize things we were thankful for. 

I wanted to do more than vocalize this.  I wanted something tangible and something we could go back and read, so we made a jar full of thankfulness.   They are just strips of paper that we wrote on each day.  We are going to make a chain for the boys Christmas tree out of them.  That way we can think about what we already have when we start thinking about things we "need" as gifts. 

I am hopeful that we can continue this throughout the year

Our jar of thankfulness

Jackson had to help write his a few times.  This one was Mommy :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you were able to carry through with this! I think it is a GREAT idea and I love making a chain out of it and putting it on your tree. There are activities you do with kids and there are life lessons. May the Lord bless the seed you planted here by blessing you with boys who have a heart of thanksgiving for all that God showers on them for many days to come! You are an amazing MOM! I know God smiles as you raise the boys He has loaned you to know and love their Father!

    ReplyDelete